[acc-cca-l] Faculty of Information, University of Toronto, PhD in Information

Leslie Shade leslie.shade at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 26 14:18:45 MDT 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

Applications<https://ischool.utoronto.ca/future-students/apply/phd-apply/> to the 2021-22 Doctoral program at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto<http://ischool.utoronto.ca/>, is now open! We would like to invite outstanding candidates with a passion and drive for pursuing ground breaking research in information, technology and people to being a part of this intellectually diverse and rich learning environment.

Our doctoral students come from a wide range of scholarly and professional fields to work with faculty from backgrounds matched to their specific research interests in terms of subject matter expertise and complementary knowledge. They engage in a variety of concentrations including:

  *         Archives & Records Management
  *         Critical Information Policy Studies
  *         Cultural Heritage
  *         Information Systems and Design
  *         Knowledge Management & Information Management
  *         Library & Information Science
  *         Media, Technology and Culture
  *         Philosophy of Information

Admission is based on the availability of faculty members to support your area of research. Therefore, you should proactively reach out to Faculty members<https://ischool.utoronto.ca/faculty-staff/faculty-profiles/> that are conducting research in the area you are interested in ahead of time to ensure that faculty members have expertise to support your research.

Details of each area, degree requirements and PhD student funding information can be found on our PhD program information page<https://ischool.utoronto.ca/areas-of-study/phd-in-information/>. Additionally, the Faculty is home to several interdisciplinary research clusters and institutes such as the Digital Curation Institute<http://dci.ischool.utoronto.ca/?page_id=296>, the Knowledge Media Design Institute<http://kmdi.utoronto.ca/>, Semaphore<http://semaphore.utoronto.ca/> and McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology<http://www.chi.utoronto.ca/>. Learn more about our labs and institutes<http://ischool.utoronto.ca/institutes-labs> and iSchool participation in collaborative programs<https://ischool.utoronto.ca/current-students/programs-courses/collaborative-specializations/>.

Learn more about the application process through our Admissions page<https://ischool.utoronto.ca/future-students/apply/phd-apply/>. The application deadline is December 1 – for the online application, application fee and research statement; December 15 – for all other supporting documents (transcripts, CV/resume, writing sample, academic letters of reference, English proficiency (if applicable).

If you have any questions, please connect with us at admissions.ischool at utoronto.ca<mailto:admissions.ischool at utoronto.ca>. Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/iSchoolToronto>, Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/iSchool_TO/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/UofTInfoFaculty>, YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCStcMS9uzwDeVTpMaX2qqMw>, LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/uoft-ischool-admissions-203a4162/?originalSubdomain=ca>.