[acc-cca-l] CFP for Chapters

Michael Jeffress michaelsjeffress at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:15:11 MDT 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

Call for Chapter Proposals
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Book project: The Palgrave Handbook of Communication and Disability
Publisher: Palgrave-MacMillan
Editors:             Michael S. Jeffress, PhD, Tennessee State University
                           Jim Ferris, PhD, University of Toledo
Joy M. Cypher, PhD, Rowan University
                           Julie-Ann Scott-Pollock, PhD, University of North Carolina Wilmington

We welcome proposals for original scholarship from communication scholars who approach the topic of communication from a disability studies frame.  We desire a wide variety of methodological approaches and diverse theoretical frameworks. We invite proposals from any sub-discipline of communication studies; however, we are not seeking proposals related to representation in film, television, or print media.  We encourage proposals that explore the insectionalities of disability with race, gender, and sexual orientation, as well as the voice of disability in social movements related to social and environmental justice.
To submit, please send to mjeffres at tnstate.edu<mailto:mjeffres at tnstate.edu> with “Handbook CFP” in the subject line a Word document containing your working title, abstract of no more than 200 words, and a brief bio that lists the author(s) highest earned degree and institutional affiliation.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>