[acc-cca-l] Marta DeMenezes and FACTT Toronto next week March 9 6:00-7:30 (opening reception) ; March 11 (Lecture)

roberta buiani rbuiani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:11:33 MST 2020

for you lovers of ecological, human and non-human transformations and bcoming

I hope to see some of you next week in TO! York can be reached by subway. come on up!

Sensorium Centre for Digital Arts and Technologies, ArtScisalon, Cultivamos Cultura and Arte Institute present:

FACTT 2020: FESTIVAL ART AND SCIENCE Exhibition

Monday, March 9th - Thursday, March 12th, 2020
11:00am-4:00pm
Gales Gallery (Accolade West Room 105)
York University

Exhibition Opening: March 9th from 6:00-7:30pm

Subway Stop, York University.
Exit on the left - Accolade West is the building on the left

Don't miss the 2020 Festival of Art and Science Exhibition - (Be)-Coming An Exhibition of Experimental Contemporary Art, co-sponsored by Sensorium: Centre for Digital Arts and Technology, ArtSci Salon, Arte Institute and Cultivamos Cultura. The exhibition features the work of invited artists from Portugal and North America, and AMPD students. The exhibition is curated by Marta DeMenezes, Roberta Buiani and Joel Ong

All are welcome to attend the exhibition opening which will take place on March 9th from 6:00-7:30pm in the Gales Gallery at York University.

more soon at http://facebook.com/artscisalon <http://facebook.com/artscisalon>
http://twitter.com/ArtSci_Salon <http://twitter.com/ArtSci_Salon>

About FACTT 2020

FACTT 2020 - (BE) COMING An Exhibition of Experimental Contemporary Art is about the impermanence of becoming permanent. A transformation is an extreme, radical change. The unavoidability of changes is a constant process we have throughout our lives. We may not always be aware of it, and often just spend so much energy avoiding this “law of nature” that we forget it exists and thrives for stability. (BE) COMING is an exhibition about change, the impossibility of not changing, the perpetual impermanence and the process of becoming. As we become aware of the need to change in our world, in our planet and our lives, it feels necessary to remember that life is a dynamic process. Life is a consistent process of transformation and adaptation. Art, more than any other human endeavour, is a reflection of this aspect of life and therefore the best way to remember the process of being something different, something else, something more, or something less, while becoming ourselves.

Sensorium Winter Lunchtime Seminar Series featuring
Marta De Menezes

Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
11:30am-12:30pm
The Sensorium Research Loft
4th Floor GCFA, Room M333
RSVP to sensinfo at yorku.ca <mailto:sensinfo at yorku.ca>

Our second Sensorium Winter Lunchtime Seminar Series event of March will feature pioneering bio-artist Marta De Menezes <https://martademenezes.com/> who explores the use of biology and biotechnology as new art media and in conducting her practice in research laboratories that are her art studio.