[acc-cca-l] New Book / New Project / The Democratization of Artificial Intelligence. Net Politics in the Era of Learning Algorithms / VW Foundation: How is AI Changing Science?

Andreas Sudmann andreas.sudmann at rub.de
Mon Feb 10 11:18:22 MST 2020

Dear all,

I’m very happy and excited to share some news with you!
First, my new book The Democratization of Artificial Intelligence. Net Politics in the Era of Learning Algorithms is now available from Transcript Press in cooperation with Columbia University Press. It includes contributions by outstanding scholars such as VN Alexander, Lisa Reutter, Tobias Matzner, Alexander Monea, Frank Pasquale and Alexander Waibel.

Please follow this link for access to the introduction of this collection:

 https://ruhr-uni-bochum.academia.edu/AndreasSudmann <https://ruhr-uni-bochum.academia.edu/AndreasSudmann>
Second, the VW Foundation has funded our planning grant “How is AI Changing Science? Research in the Era of Learning Algorithms.” Among the members of this research group are Jens Schröter (Media Studies, Bonn University), Anna Echterhölter (History of Science, Vienna), Alexander Waibel (Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh) and yours truly. We are currently looking for further cooperation partners in Europe who use AI as a method for solving specific problems or tasks in their respective disciplines. Please let us know if you are involved in any interesting projects in this regard.

If you want to know more about the project and its progress, follow me on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/andreas_sudmann <https://twitter.com/andreas_sudmann>
Please also check the VW foundation’s official website for further informations:

http://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/search/projectDetails.do?siteLanguage=en&ref=97002 <http://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/search/projectDetails.do?siteLanguage=en&ref=97002>
Best,

Andreas Sudmann

_________________