[acc-cca-l] White paper - media education policies

Landry, Normand normand.landry at teluq.ca
Thu Nov 14 13:47:00 MST 2019

[Logo Université TÉLUQ]

Dear friends,

Please find below the link towards our White paper for public policies on media education.

The white paper reveals the outcome of the discussions held and consensuses reached during the conference entitled Ending Fake News: The future of media education policies and practices that was held at the Grande Bibliothèque in Montreal on November 9 and 10, 2018. This interactive forum brought together 150 individuals from the fields of education, research and journalism, community organizations, libraries, and the public and parapublic sectors.

These concrete recommendations pave the way for us to develop the knowledge and essential skills we need to fight back against digital disinformation and promote digital inclusion and informed citizen participation.

What you'll find in this white paper:

• Event philosophy and deliberative format
• Information about event stakeholders and topics discussed
• Public policy recommendations

The White paper is available in English and French.

English: https://media-education2018.teluq.ca/en/white-paper.php

French: https://media-education2018.teluq.ca/fr/livre-blanc.php

Very best,

Normand

Normand Landry, Ph.D.

Professeur, TELUQ
Titulaire de la Chaire de recherche du Canada en éducation aux médias et droits humains
Chercheur, Centre de recherche interuniversitaire sur la communication, l'information et la société (CRICIS)
Normand.landry at teluq.ca<mailto:Normand.landry at teluq.ca>
chaire-emdh.teluq.ca<http://chaire-emdh.teluq.ca>