[acc-cca-l] IAMCR prize in memory of Herbert I. Schiller
bgirard at iamcr.org
Tue Jan 15 12:27:44 MST 2019
View online at https://iamcr.org/awards/schiller-2019
The International Association for Media and Communication Research –
IAMCR – invites applications from graduate students and early-career
scholars for a prize in memory of Herbert I. Schiller, to be awarded at
the IAMCR annual conference (July 7-11 2019) in Madrid, Spain
<https://iamcr.org/madrid2019/>. Applicants must be current members of
The IAMCR prize in memory of Herbert I. Schiller was established at
IAMCR's Singapore Conference in 2000 to celebrate his lasting
contribution to communications scholarship and to remember his work in
helping to establish IAMCR as a open, hospitable and vital space of
debate, as one of the founders of the Political Economy Section and as
Vice President of the Association.
Herbert embodied the very best traditions of intellectual life, as a
scholar, as an influential writer, as an engaged critic and public
orator, and above all, as an inspirational teacher who encouraged
younger scholars to develop work that challenges accepted orthodoxies
and centers of power and opens up new questions for analysis and debate.
The deadline for submission is 7 April 2019.
A paper which combines scholarly excellence with a commitment to
developing and extending the critical, innovative and engaged spirit
that characterised Herbert Schiller's own contribution to communications
* Papers may be submitted by students and early-career scholars who
are under the age of 35 at the time the paper is submitted
* Papers should have a maximum of 7,000 words.
* Papers must be based on work that has not already been published or
firmly committed elsewhere.
* Papers submitted to a section or working group for presentation at
IAMCR 2019 are welcome.
* Applicants must be current members of IAMCR, either individually or
as representatives of an institutional member.
* Papers should be submitted in electronic form to the Herbert
Schiller Award Panel, at SchillerAward2019 at iamcr.org
<mailto:SchillerAward2019 at iamcr.org?Subject=Schiller%20Award%202019>.
Please use Schiller Award 2019 as the subject of your email.
* Submissions must be received by midnight UTC on 7 April 2019.
* An award will not necessarily be made. Decisions made by the Herbert
Schiller Award Panel will be final.
* If an award is made, the author(s) will be notified by 7 May 2019.
* The award comprises a cash prize of USD 1,000 plus complementary
registration for IAMCR 2019, together with a commemorative plaque
marking the achievement.
* An award will not necessarily be made following the call, and
decisions of the Award Committee will be final.
Papers must be submitted by email to SchillerAward2019 at iamcr.org
<mailto:SchillerAward2019 at iamcr.org?Subject=Schiller%20Award%202019> by
midnight UTC on 7 April 2019.
2019 Schiller Award Committee
Richard Maxwell (chair), Queens College-CUNY
Helena Sousa, Universidade do Minho
Peichi Chung, Chinese University of Hong Kong
| Bruce Girard |
| IAMCR Executive Director |
| Dr. Pablo de Maria 1036 |
| Montevideo, Uruguay |
| http://iamcr.org |
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the acc-cca-L