[acc-cca-l] CfP - IAMCR 2019 Madrid

Bruce Girard bgirard at iamcr.org
Tue Oct 30 14:37:42 MDT 2018

      IAMCR Madrid | 7 – 11 July 2019

    Communication, Technology, and Human Dignity: Disputed Rights,
    Contested Truths

The International Association for Media and Communication Research
–IAMCR– invites the submission of abstracts of papers and proposals for
panels for IAMCR 2019, to be held from 7 to 11 July, 2019 at the
Complutense University of Madrid, Spain. The deadline for submission is
*8 February 2019*.

This year's theme is *Communication, Technology, and Human Dignity:
Disputed Rights, Contested Truths* / *Comunicación, Tecnologías y
Dignidad humana: derechos controvertidos y verdades contestadas*. Read
about the theme and get more details about the conference in English
<https://iamcr.org/madrid2019/cfp> or Spanish
<https://iamcr.org/es/madrid2019/cfp-es>.

In addition to the general theme, IAMCR conferences address a wide
diversity of topics defined by our 32 thematic sections and working
groups, each of which has issued its own thematic call for proposals.
See the list of the section and working group calls for proposals
<https://iamcr.org/madrid2019/s-wg-cfp>.

The 2019 conference also features a Joint Call for Video Presentations
<https://iamcr.org/madrid2019/cfp/video>. Issued by 5 of our sections
and working groups, the video presentations offer a chance to experiment
with virtual conference participation and with the creative
opportunities offered by alternative forms of presentation. The
participating sections and working groups are the Participatory
Communication Research Section, the Community Communication and
Alternative Media Section, the Popular Culture Working Group, the Media
and Sport Section and the Environment, Science and Risk Communication
Working Group.

The host of the 2019 conference, the School of Communication
<https://ccinformacion.ucm.es/> of the Complutense University of Madrid,
pioneered the teaching of communication in Spain and aspires to be a
reference not only in terms of prestige and quality but also of innovation.
The School teaches courses in Audio Visual Communication, Journalism and
Advertising and Public Relations at both graduate and post-graduate
level, many of which, according to acknowledged rankings, are among the
best in Europe.

Take note of these important dates:

  * 3 December 2018 - Abstract submission system opens
  * *8 February 2019 - Deadline to submit abstracts*
  * 15 March - Registration opens
  * 7 April 2019 - Deadline to apply for travel grants and awards
  * 11 April 2019 - Deadline to confirm participation
  * *14 May 2019 - Last day for Early bird registration*
  * 7 June 2019 - Deadline for full paper submission
  * *7-11 July 2019 - IAMCR Conference*

For more information about the conference visit the website at
https://iamcr.org/madrid2019/ or contact the local organising committee
at madrid2019 at iamcr.org <mailto:madrid2019 at iamcr.org>

IAMCR logo

--