[acc-cca-l] Call for papers: Canadian Society for the Study of Comics

Benjamin Woo BenjaminWoo at CUNET.CARLETON.CA
Wed Oct 10 07:43:36 MDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Some of you who are planning to attend the next CCA conference may also be interested in the recently released CFP for the conference of the Canadian Society for the Study of Comics / Société canadienne pour l’étude de la bande dessinée, which is available in both English<http://comics-scholars.com/wp/?p=544> and French<http://comics-scholars.com/wp/?page_id=105> on our website. The conference runs June 4–5, 2019. Our keynote speaker will be Frederick Luis Aldama, Arts & Humanities Distinguished Professor at The Ohio State University. 200–300 word abstracts are due by December 31 to csscscebd+cfp2019 at gmail.com.

We’re very pleased to be holding our conference at the Congress for the first time ever and are excited to involve scholars from across the humanities and social science disciplines. Please share with interested colleagues and students.

—Ben

Benjamin Woo, PhD
Assistant Professor, Communication and Media Studies
School of Journalism and Communication
4219 Richcraft Hall

Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa ON  K1S 5B6
T 613.520.2600, 1770  |  benjamin.woo at carleton.ca
benjaminwoo.net  |  @geek_worlds
—
Getting a Life: The Social Worlds of Geek Culture<http://www.mqup.ca/getting-a-life-products-9780773552845.php?page_id=73&> (MQUP, 2018) is available now. Co-author of The Greatest Comic Book of All Time: Symbolic Capital and the Field of American Comic Books (Palgrave, 2016) and co-editor of Scene Thinking: Cultural Studies from the Scenes Perspective (Routledge, 2016).

Director of the Comic Cons Research Project<http://comicconsproject.org/> and President of the Canadian Society for the Study of Comics / Société canadienne pour l’étude de la bande dessinée.