[SU CLUBS] Clubs at Relay for Life

Kirsty McGowan kirsty.mcg at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:19:20 MDT 2014

Hey clubs, we need YOUR help to fight back against cancer!

WHAT IS THE UOFC RELAY FOR LIFE
The University of Calgary Relay for Life is one of the biggest student run events of the academic year with over 650
attendees
 just last year and over $150,000 raised and guess what, it’s all for a
great cause! Relay for Life is a 12-hour marathon, but not your everyday
 kind of marathon; it’s 12 hours of fun. Food, music, entertainment,
dance classes, yoga and so much more. You can walk, sprint, skip, hop,
crawl or samba round the track, whatever floats your boat! What’s even
better? The event is geared towards raising money for the Canadian
Cancer Society, which goes to support for cancer patients and families
as well as research.

SU CLUBS & RELAY
Unfortunately many of us have been affected
by cancer in some way, whether it be a close friend, a relative or even
ourselves. So help us fight back by signing up a team for your club
today for the April 12th Jack Simpson Gym event, register online here: http://bit.ly/1fJnYnP
 . At the moment we have record low registration numbers which means the Canadian Cancer Society may end up cutting our funding, so we need the help of clubs to help us meet our registration goal! It would be a great event to inspire community amongst your club and trust us when we say, it's a LOAD of fun. We know that campus clubs are among the most competitive groups on campus and
there are amazing prizes in store for those teams who fund raise the
most before the relay, so sign up now and start fundraising!

You can check out more on our twitter @uofcrelay or our fb event: https://www.facebook.com/events/224476024413038/?fref=ts

PHOTO CONTEST
We
 also have a photo contest going on surrounding what gives you hope - so
 submit a photo with a line or two explaining why your photo inspires
hope via twitter tagging @uofcrelay and hashtagging #givesmehope or
submitting it to us via the UofC relay for life Facebook page. It
doesn't have to be a professional photo it can be a pic from your iPhone! It's
 more about the message than the quality. There's a great prize up for grabs for the winner and all the photos will be displayed at the Relay for Life ceremony.

Remember, Relay for Life is not just a relay; it’s a relay for hope.

--Kirsty McGowan

Awareness Chair
University of Calgary Relay for Life

kirsty.mcg at hotmail.com | +1 (587) 894-3593