[SU CLUBS] Arts Lounge

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Tue Aug 13 11:11:29 MDT 2013

Hello!

My name is Levi Nilson and I'm one of the arts reps for the upcoming year.

With the new Arts Lounge in the Social Sciences building we have a great opportunity to greatly
enhance the student experience on campus. The original vision for the space was one which included
all types of Arts related events and activities, and with the exciting news that the Faculty of Arts
Student's Association will finally come into being this fall we can finally make full use of the
space!

The faculty has given FASA full permission to use the space for any purpose, so apply now before
prime times get booked up.

In an effort to increase the student use of the space I will be contacting most Arts related clubs
and others on campus to inform them that the hours from 8am-11pm Monday-Friday are available for
booking in the Arts Lounge for this upcoming year. If you have an idea for an event and just need
the space to make it happen, feel free to apply! We would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Be sure to include date/time. FASA will be the main vehicle for the use of the space for this
semester and the foreseeable future!

Any requests for the booking of the Arts Lounge for the month of September will be handled by myself
acting on behalf of FASA so if you have any questions about booking the space, about the new Faculty
of Arts Student's Association, or would like to apply for a time, do not hesitate to contact me at
arts3 at su.ucalgary.ca or 1-780-512-3734 and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Feel free to pass this email on to anyone and everyone.

Cheers,

Levi Nilson
Faculty of Arts Representative
Students' Union | University of Calgary