[Stremes-l] All Networked Network Music Festival

Kenneth Fields kfields at ucalgary.ca
Sun May 22 19:24:25 MDT 2016

yes, we’d need a platform (like wordpress) and a domain name.
Embed youtube live and later archived videos, papers, announcements - as is customary.
But we need to go beyond customary too...

Scope, should be wide - yet with key parameters:

1. All online
2. live:now
3. Netformative? i.e. like performative, as demonstrating net knowledge;
using the network as instrument, etc. Netformance.

I’m as much interested in the music/performance aspects as
the form/formality/tech of the online conference/happening.
Do we emulate conference processes in software (like adobe connect
or zoom). Those platforms are essentially attention mixers.

Otherwise, there are the interactive TV sites (you stream, live stream…
we all stream for ice cream :). Has live audience chat by the stream.
Youtube, Krue, Huzza, Twitch, Periscope, Facebook/Twitter Live, etc.

Beneath the level of whatever broadcast platform we use, I think we’ll
need the P2P component of Artsmesh (high quality streams) between
the netformers as apart from the wider netience.
Linux users could just use the jacktrip/osc/ffmpeg components -
though I’d hate to go back to typing in ipv6 addresses.

We don’t all need ipv6 - just me on CERNET In China...
though IPV6 would be optimal as well as a ‘higher' netform :).

Keep in mind, there should be multiple broadcasts; there won’t be
one point of view. And/Or there could be a specialized node among the participants
whose part of the production is just the video/audio mixdown and broadcast.
But their temporal alignment in the graph would be just as essential as other players.

I think I just found a good essay:

Aspects of Netforms: Your Search - Netforms, Netforative(ity), Netformance, Netformer, Well-Netformed, Netformic - did not match any documents."

Ken