[Stremes-l] All Networked Network Music Festival

Ian Whalley musik at waikato.ac.nz
Sun May 22 16:43:48 MDT 2016

Hi Ken

Good idea, happy to help also.

A few quick thoughts:

- If it was all on line (like Upstage https://upstage.org.nz/?page_id=3851),
we would need a central broadcast, repository (like a site to Youtube).
- Would need a refereeing process for works/papers
- It would be great to include a wide variety of platforms (lo-fi and
high-fi); as many don't have IPv6 or Research Network speeds. It might also
get more folk involved if they did not need visuals also.
- It might be great to include wider net-music paradigms (data streams,
intelligent agents etc) apart from people to people interaction.
Distributed machine works also etc.
- I wondered if net-graphics folk might also be interested (visual music),
or site streaming (environmental); which might help with broader
participation also?

Cheers, Ian