[Stremes-l] updates

Roger Mills roger at eartrumpet.org
Fri Mar 25 16:17:23 MDT 2016

Sounds like Artsmesh is coming together Ken and really pushing envelope on connectivity !

Will you be posting any audio from the Calgary, Beijing and Indiana sessions ?

I  have no such high-end technical developments to report but have been doing an interesting project with some disabled musicians in London.

The project is being run by Furtherfield and Drake Music and is investigating a suite of free network applications that can enable musicians with low mobility to connect on Public DSL networks. We have been using a relatively new interface called soffasession that runs from your browser and works remarkably well.

I’m also in the early stages of putting together the next Ethernet Orchestra album with some new musicians and sounds. I’m particularly excited about the work we have been doing with Iranian musician Shahab Ch playing ney and setar.

I’ll post more about this as it evolves.

Roger

--
Roger Mills

http://www.eartrumpet.org
http://ethernetorchestra.net
http://telesound.net

"Knowledge is only rumour until it is in the muscle" - Asaro Mudmen, Papua New Guinea.