[Emsan-l] Music doctorate in research and composition

Battier Marc marc.battier at paris-sorbonne.fr
Mon May 19 08:09:32 MDT 2014

Announcement:
Music doctorate in research and composition
Application call : May 19 - June 16 2014

This doctorate is organized in collaboration with the Paris-Sorbonne University, the Pierre et Marie Curie University (UMPC) and IRCAM.

Distinct from a doctorate in musicology, it is aimed at high-level composers, holders of a Master's degree (or of an equivalent diploma accompanied with significant experience in composition), proposing in particular projects integrating a technological dimension into the work of composition and wanting to pursue a training program both as composers and researchers. The diploma attests to the competence both as composer (attested by the works produced at the end of studies) and as a researcher via the presentation of a thesis.

Call and application at this address:

http://www.ulysses-network.eu/web/competitions/musicdoctorat/

Sincerely,

Marc Battier
Professeur
Musicologie, musique électroacoustique, informatique musicale (MINT)
-
Responsable du MINT, UMR 8223 Institut de recherche en musicologie
Co-directeur, Electroacoustic Music Studies Network
Directeur, Electroacoustic Music Studies Asia Network (EMSAN)
-
Université Paris-Sorbonne
Maison de la recherche
28, rue Serpente, F-75006 Paris