[Emsan-l] ACMC 2014 Submissions

ACMA info at acma.asn.au
Tue Mar 18 23:25:03 MDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I hope your submissions for ACMC 2014 are coming along well. I want to announce that the upload system for your submissions is finally tested and active.

Below I have included the full call for works which you can distribute across the internet.

Hope to see you all in Melbourne!

Tim Opie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ACMC 2014

The 2014 Annual Conference of the
Australasian Computer Music Association

It is with great pleasure that we announce the 2014 Conference of the Australasian Computer Music Association.

Dates:
9-11 July 2014 – Conference presentations and performances
12-13 July 2014 – Conference workshops

Location:
Melbourne, Australia.

ACMC 2014 will be hosted by the Faculty of the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) and the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (MCM).

The event is also supported by Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Australian Forum for Acoustic Ecology (AFAE).

Topic:
ACMC 2014 will focus on harmony, with all of its implications and meanings. Harmony within music, arts, society, and the environment. This conference will strive to create harmony between the many disciplines relating to electronic and computer based practice, as well as explore aspects of harmony as a function and as an aspiration.

Call for Works:

The conference theme for 2014 is Harmony. We encourage the submission of musical works and papers examining any topic related to computer music and digital audio, including: aesthetic, compositional, educational, musicological, perceptual, interdisciplinary, scientific and technical aspects.

Submission topics for the conference include:

Theory and Philosophy
Aesthetics
Artificial Intelligence and Music
Analysis of Electroacoustic and Electronic Music
Spatialisation Techniques
Live Coding
Mobile Music Computing
Networked Music Performance
Digital Audio Signal Processing
Interaction and Improvisation
New Interfaces for Musical Expression
Languages for Computer Music
Interdisciplinary Approaches
Music Information Retrieval
Representation and Models for Computer Music
Software and Hardware Systems
Computer Systems in Music Education
History of Electroacoustic and Electronic Music
Composition Systems / Techniques
Algorithmic Composition
Analysis/Synthesis
There are seven submission categories for ACMC 2014:

Paper – Refereed
6-8 pages maximum in Proceedings, 20 minutes lecture presentation. Submissions to be made as PDF.

Musical Work – Refereed
To be performed. Works are subject to equipment and instrument availability. Submissions to be made as MP3, with a document outlining requirements. If video is an integral component of the musical work, please upload privately to Vimeo and provide us with a link in your documentation.

Piece and Paper – Refereed
Papers linked with a musical presentation. 4 pages maximum in Proceedings, 10 minutes lecture presentation, and 10 minutes musical presentation.

Artist Talks – Not Refereed
4 pages maximum in Proceedings, 10 minutes lecture presentation.

Poster – Not Refereed
4 pages maximum in Proceedings, poster session for open discussion.

Studio Reports – Not Refereed
4 pages maximum in Proceedings, 10 minutes lecture presentation.

Weekend Workshop – Not Refereed
Submit a proposal and we will discuss this with you.

All Submissions are to be made here:
http://conference.acma.asn.au/ocs/index.php/acmc/acmc2014/schedConf/cfp

Templates for submission are here:
http://acma.asn.au/ACMC-Templates.zip

Submissions are due: Monday April 21, 2014