[Emsan-l] Japanese Studies Association of Australia 2015 Conference at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia

Secretariat SFEJ secretariat at sfej.asso.fr
Tue Aug 19 03:33:46 MDT 2014

We are pleased to announce that La Trobe University will be hosting the 19th Biennial Conference of the Japanese Studies Association of Australia at its campus in Bundoora, Melbourne. The conference will be held from 30 June to 3 July, 2015.
The theme for this conference will be Japanese Studies and Japan in the Asia-Pacific: Rethinking ‘Eurocentrism’?. We will explore if and to what extent ‘Eurocentrism’ (as broadly conceived of in the social sciences and humanities) might exist in the research on, and perception of, Japan in the Asia-Pacific region. To this end, we have invited keynote speakers mainly from Asia (Southeast Asia, China and Korea), who will discuss the state of Japanese Studies and how Japan is generally understood in their respective regions.
We hope that broad-ranging discussion of these and other issues in a Japanese context will reach beyond the academic community and involve government, the corporate sector, NGOs and the wider community.

We invite panels and individual papers from all areas of Japanese Studies from those who teach, research and study Japan, providing an opportunity for scholars to present their own research and to keep abreast of current scholarly discourse in Japanese Studies.

Please visit the conference website for more details:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/humanities/about/conferences/jsaa-2015
For any queries about the conference please contact Tracy Lee on jsaa2015 at latrobe.edu.au.

The JSAA Conference 2015 Organizing Committee
(Committee members: Lidia Tanaka, Elise  Foxworth, Yoshio Sugimoto, and Emiko Kashima)