[Emsan-l] Asia Network Performance Season's Greetings

Battier Marc Marc.Battier at paris-sorbonne.fr
Sat Dec 25 09:48:49 MST 2010

Seasonal Greetings from Cold Beijing.
Looking forward to 2011 and pursuing goals of our Asia Network performance
project:

•Possible cooperation of EMSAN nodes with Performance nodes (enhance network)
•Align Performance and Musicological Aims
•Funding Opportunities
•A robust Inter-Asian network music project by October 2012
•Network Performance; Musicacoustica 2011
•Testing and rehearsals through 2011
•Master Classes
•Regular Exchange and Forums
•Distributed Computing

Also, I'd like you to view our latest concert between Korea (Kaist),
Beijing (CEMC) and the United Nations.
There was a minimum of EA content in this performance, but the distinct
timbres and styles coming from the
3 nodes were exciting in themselves.
http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/2010/12/wafunif-arts-for-peace-worldconcert-2010-an-international-telematic-music-concert-for.html
Keep in touch,
Ken

Dr. Kenneth Fields
Canada Research Chair, Telemedia Arts
Associate Professor, Department of Music
Adjunct Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://syneme.ucalgary.ca