[Chacmool-l] This Week's Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Wed Mar 18 12:54:57 MDT 2015

Hey all,

This is a short and sweet email.

1.Arky Beyond Academy
2. Chacmool Annual General Meeting
3. Chacmool Election Sign up
4. Anarky Talk

1. Arky Beyond Academy

This week's Archaeology Beyond the Academy, "Toolstone Used in Alberta"
will be
presented by Jason Roe of Lifeways of Canada Limited.

The talk will be held March 19th at 5 PM in the Tom Oliver Theatre, first
floor of
Earth Sciences, on the University of Calgary campus.

Check out the attached poster!

2. Chacmool Annual General Meeting

Our Annual General meeting will be taking place on March 24th  at 3pm in
ES702. The purpose of a general meeting is to share with our members what
we've done this year, inform interested people on what each exec position
does incase they want to run for a position and vote on changes to our
constitution.  There will be coffee, tea and snacks provide and we hope to
see you there.

3. Chacmool Election sigh up
It's that time of year again folks. Being a Chacmool executive looks great
on a resume, helps forge connections and is a ton of fun. If this is
something you think you might be interested Sign up will be on March 25th
till April 7th. This is conveniently right after the annual general
meeting where you will learn about each position. If you have questions
feel free to ask a current exec. The sign up sheets will be right outside
the Chacmool Office in ES826. All we require from you is who you are and
why you'd make a great exec. This will also give people a chance to read
your platform and make an informed vote. We cannot wait to see who next
year's group will be!

4. Anarky Talk

The next talk will be on March 25th in ES 614 at 12 as always. It will be
given by Tyler Murchie and is titled "An Ancient DNA Analysis of Cryogenic
Wood Recovered from Alpine Archaeological Sites in The Northwestern
Subarctic". As always there will be coffee, tea and snacks provided by the
lovely Kula Ring.