[Chacmool-l] This Week's Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 3 13:13:42 MST 2014

Hey all,

The department would like us to give everyone a a quick reminder that the
common room and department closes at 4:30 pm daily.

Here's whats happening thins week,

1.Free Coffee
2.Call For Conference topics
3. Anarky Talk

1. Free Coffee

Chacmool has decided to offer its members free coffee since you all are so
wonderful and donate tha k-cups. So if you need a caffeine pick me up stop
by ES826 and bring your mug.

2. Call for conference Topics
With the 47th Annual Archaeology Conference less than a week away, we are
already searching for people who want to become the Chair(s) for next
years conference. This is a position that requires a major commitment
starting almost immediately after this upcoming conference. However, being
the Chair of the 48th Annual Conference will look OUTSTANDING on any
resume for jobs or graduate school down the road. If you have ideas on a
topic for next years conference, you can get in contact with us or talk to
any Archaeology faculty member (I know Dr. McCafferty has a few ideas if
you don't have your own).
Remember, this is your chance to get a step up over competition for
Graduate school (it is not just GPA), or to show any employer that you
have what it takes, and you can network like crazy with archaeologists
from all over the world!

The Template will be posted outside the Chacmool Office (ES826)

3. Anarky Talk
Next up, one of our alumni, Sarah Horsfall, will be returning to our halls
to give
an ANARKY Talk entitled "From Grave to Courtroom: The Social Life of Forensic
Evidence in Post-Civil War Guatemala" on Wednesday, November 5th from
12:00 to 1:00
pm in ES 859. The Kula Ring will be providing snacks.

That's all for now
-Chacmool