[Chacmool-l] This Weeks Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Nov 3 22:32:38 MST 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for the late email! Unfortunately Chacmool's webmail has been down.
Now that it's back up and running (for now) heres what's going on this
week!

1.Noon Hour Lecture
2.Call for fieldwork pictures
3.Chacmool Conference
4.Archaeology Reading Room
5.Fridge in Common Room

1.Noon Hour Lecture
This Wednesday's lecture will be given by our own Dr. Mercater! He will be
lecturing on "Documenting Contamination in Ancient Starch Laboratories" As
always, check out the attached poster for more details! Coffee and a snack
will be provided! If you are  wanting to volunteer to bring a snack there
are still lot's of lectures left to fill!

2.Call for fieldwork pictures
Chacmool thought it would be really great if we could update the bulletin
boards around our department for the up coming Chacmool Conference. If you
have any great pictures from passed experiences in the field we'd love to
share them! Send either a collage or individual picture's with information
about you're dig to this email by Wednesday!

3.Chacmool Conference
This is just a friendly reminder that the annual Chacmool Confernce is
taking place this Thursday till saturday at the Rosa centre! tickets will
be on sale at the door!  The Welcome Reception takes place this Wednesday
night at 6 pm in the Macewan student centre! For more information visit
http://arky.ucalgary.ca/chacmool2013/ As well, Chacmool will be hosting a
department reception on thursday at 5pm in ES859, a light supper and cash
bar will be provided! we hope to see all our Chacmoolians at this event!

4.Archaeology Reading Room
As we enter into November, we also enter into stress mood due to all the
papers we have due. If you are one of the stressed paper writers and you
don't know  where to find great resources check out the Archaeology
Reading room! Why go there instead of TFDL?  WELL, not only does it offer
all the textbooks from all your arky classes on reserve, they also have up
to date army journals and many other great resources! If you are not sure
how the room works there is always a very knowledgable volunteer there to
help!

5.Fridge in Common Room
lastly, the Fridge will be turned off as of Wednesday. It will be used to
keep  your beer nice and chilly at the department reception this Thursday.
For this week plan on having a lunch that doesn't require a very cold
temp. alternatively you could possibly store your food in the snow until
you are ready for it.

Have a, hopefully, Chacmool Conference filled week everyone!
-Chacmool