[Chacmool-l] October 31st

Chacmool Archaeology Association Chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 30 20:13:11 MDT 2011

Hello Chacmoolians,

Coming this week:

1-	Beer & Wings (free!)
2-	Academic Conference
3-	Chacmool Merchandise
4-	Jordanian Project

This coming Wednesday (November 2nd) we will be hosting yet another Beer &
Wings Night. Come down to the Den at 6:30 PM and join us for a relaxed
evening among fellow arky majors. If you drop by early and you’re a
Chacmool member then your first round of beer and wings (or nachos,
depending on the prevailing choice) are on us!

The great Chacmool Conference is looming ahead, running from November 9th
to the 13th. There really isn’t any better opportunity to get a glimpse of
the current academic world of archaeology right at your doorstep, and if
you’re interested in volunteering, you won’t have to pay a dime. Don’t
miss out.

We’re pleased to announce that Chacmool now offer club clothing in the
form of hoodies and T-Shirts in a number of sizes and colours (so long as
you like black, but they seriously do come in many sizes). Come by the
office (ES 826) and have a look for yourself. Oh, and did we mention that
Chacmool members get a discount?

For those among you curious about Middle Eastern Archaeology, I present to
a fantastic opportunity from Mount Royal University: the Madaba Plains
Project. A Jordanian dig looking at Bronze and Iron Age archaeology, the
orientation/information session will be held this coming Tuesday, November
1 from 5-6 PM at Mount Royal, room B 280. For further information please
contact Dr. Julie Cormack (jcormack at mtroyal.ca or (403) 440-7012) or visit
the project website: www.madabaplains.org/umayri.

Enjoy your Halloween!

CHACMOOL ARCHAEOLOGY ASSOCIATION