[Chacmool-l] November 28th, 2011

Chacmool Archaeology Association Chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Nov 27 23:31:28 MST 2011

Greetings Chacmoolians,

The agenda for this week’s newsletter:

1-	45th Chacmool Conference Topic
2-	Movie Night
3-	Gingerbread Monumental Architecture Competition
4-	Beer & Wings
5-	Merchandise
6-	Undergraduate Summer Position - PURE grant funded

1- Well the topic for the 45th Chacmool Archaeology Conference has been
decided, and next year’s theme will be: “War and Peace: Conflict and
Resolution in Archaeology”.

2- As the semester draws to a close and the stress begins to mount, there
is hope still for a relaxing evening amongst friends: Chacmool Movie
Night! This Thursday (December 1st, and yes, it really is December
already) at 6:00 in ES 859 we will be showing the famous “A Clockwork
Orange”. Pizza will be provided, and the whole thing won’t cost you a
dime, so drop by and join us.

3- Not content with just the movie, we’ve decided to run something a bit
more out of the ordinary: the first Chacmool Gingerbread Monumental
Architecture Competition! Come down to ES 859 on Friday at 6:00 (December
2nd) with a team of friends or by yourself and try your hand at seeing who
can sculpt the most impressive gingerbread archaeological site. Lacking
inspiration? No problem, there will be a bar open, and wine and beer will
be available (as well as softer drinks for those so inclined). Entry is $5
per team, you get to eat everything you make, we supply the goodies, and
you better believe that prizes are involved!

4- Settling back into the normal and relaxed, next week on Wednesday
(December 7th) the Chacmool Beer & Wings night shall resume. Come by the
Den at 6:00 and join us for a few rounds of beer and a few plates of
wings. For Chacmool members who come on time, the first drink and bite are
on us.

5- This year’s conference has come and gone, and our stocks of shirts and
hoodies have been greatly diminished. We plan on ordering more in the near
future, but for the moment we have left only what we have left, so don’t
miss your chance to grab some archaeology clothing for yourself. Drop by
the office anytime during our office hours and we’ll show you what we’ve
got.

6- For anyone interested in extra work this summer, Lindsay Amundsen-Meyer
(a graduate student in our little department) is looking for help with her
project from this coming May through to the end of July. Anyone interested
or curious, please contact Lindsay at: lmamunds at ucalgary.ca for details.

Until next time,

CHACMOOL ARCHAEOLOGY ASSOCIATION