[Chacmool-l] Election Results and Career Day

Chacmool chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sat Mar 13 08:26:31 MST 2010

Greetings,

First, I’m pleased to announce the election results for next year’s Chacmool
Executive positions.  These individuals will begin their term of office at
the end of this academic term:

President:  Lauren “The Big” Jezowski (again, Lauren, that’s a movie, not a
size, reference)

Vice-President:  Tyler Murchie

Secretary-Treasurer:  Christian Duport

Social Coordinator:  Jamie Eddy

I was even more pleased by the voter turnout this year, which was
substantially greater than last year.  I take this to indicate that either
there has been a large increase in member interest and enthusiasm for the
Association, or a keen desire to get rid of the incumbents.  Either way, I
was proud to see the way it went down, and about 15 of us celebrated at the
Den afterwards . . . good times.

Secondly, we will be having a career day on Saturday the 10th or 17th of
April, from 1000 to 1200, likely in the Tom Oliver Theater (main floor,
Earth Sciences Building).  The date will be narrowed down in the next week
once feedback from the consulting firms has been received.  We will also
attempt to get a representative from Parks Canada there as well.  The
purpose of this event is to give students a chance to find out what the
different CRM firms do, what you might do if you were working for them, meet
and greet their representatives, and provide résumés/CVs to these
representatives.  This can, and has, resulted in employment for students.
Therefore it is very important that you get to work on your résumés now in
order to be prepared for this event.  More details will be provided when
available.

Once again, congrats to the new Chacmool Exec.

Lance Evans

President

Chacmool Archaeological Association