[Chacmool-l] Movie, Poster Contest, and Points

Chacmool chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Wed Feb 3 16:31:54 MST 2010

Some announcements and reminders from Chacmool:

1)      Poster Contest for Chacmool 2010 is on.  The contest is open to all.
The winner, in addition to  being immortalized via their work on the walls
of the Department, will also receive some sort of cash prize that I haven't
quite decided on.  This year's theme is Archaeology in the Public Eye
(Public Archaeology).  If you have questions, please ask the conference
committee at the Chacmool office or by email:  chacmool2010 at gmail.com

2)      Point Collection Display:  This will occur on Friday, February 12th,
from 1pm to 3pm in ES 859.  If you have an interest in lithics, particularly
those of the northern plains, you should not miss this opportunity.

3)      Friday Movie:  This Friday, February 5th, we will be screening the
ever popular "Corn and the Origins of Settled Life in Meso-America" at 5pm
(~45 minutes long).  Join us at the Den at 4pm (or before) to close the week
before we head to the Department for the film.

Thanks,

Lance