[Chacmool-l] 2011 Chacmool Conference info

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Mon Dec 6 13:27:19 MST 2010

Hey Chacmool members,

We are excited to announce the theme and organizing committee for the 2011
Chacmool Conference:

Undergraduate chair: Sheila Lacey
Undergraduate 2: Robyn Lacy
Undergraduate 3: Lindsay Wright
Graduate: Mike Moloney
Graduate: Brett Watson
Faculty: Geoff McCafferty
Faculty: Peter Dawson

Climates of Change: The Shifting Environments in Archaeology

Archaeological practice is constantly faced with changing environments.
These changes may be climatic, political, theoretical, ecological,
technological, or social, to name a few. How archaeologists respond and
react to these shifts in the present and in the past is, in itself, as
important as understanding the cultural phenomena themselves. We must
endeavour to evaluate these instances of change to more fully understand
our own interactions with the past. Chacmool 2011 can be about change, and
changing how we study.

Possible session topics:

Archaeology of shifting governments/ revolutions/ coups
Climate Change and archaeology/ Archaeological evidence of Climate change
Human ecology and archaeology
Social change and archaeology
Political change and archaeology
New technologies and archaeology
Archaeology and unique environments

If you want to get involved, swing by the Chacmool Club office, ES 826,
and we can get you in touch with the Conference Committee.

Chacmool