[Chacmool-l] another week, another get together

Evan Surridge esurridge at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:52:45 MST 2006

Hey folks,

Well, another week is slowly winding to an end, and for those of us
suffering through mid-terms, it really can't come soon enough. Luckily,
there's once again word of a get together at the Den on Friday afternoon. I
can't make myself till probably 5ish, but I hear some other people may be
heading down there earlier. Just look for the table in engaged in some form
of ritualistic abuse. (Ancient Mexico students: think competitive
generosity...but with slaps...) Of course, it won't be complete mayhem, and
as far as such things go, it's usually pretty civil. So everybody is once
again invited to come out for a drink, and we'll see where things go from
there.

I shouldn't leave off without pulling a P. Diddy routine and reminding
everyone of the obligations  Chacmool members hold. Nomination sheets are up
for the Chacmool general election. Serving on a club exec can be really
great experience, so consider running for your own good and the good of the
club! Or just pull a Green party and split the vote on some bum you don't
like. Either way, you'll have the wonderous satisfaction that comes from
receiving mildly polite attention from your peers.

Have a great week,

Evan S.