[Chacmool-l] drinks...again? (and other things)

Evan Surridge esurridge at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:43:36 MST 2006

Hey folks,

Given the success of last week's get together, I'm just sending this out to
see if anyone's up for coming out again this week to the Den, around
4pm....should be a good time.

This time though, I'd like to make a few disclaimers, as the administrators
of this mailing list are not responsible for the folllowing:

- Your behaviour should you choose to arrive at the Den several HOURS before
the decided time
- Whatever physical and/or verbal abuse you should choose to subject your
fellow merry-makers to eg.) bizarre slapping rituals which only make sense
when you arrive several hours beforehand
- Wherever the contents of your stomach happen to end up over the course of
the evening. eg.) the C-train, or somewhere in the vicinity of the Banff
Trail station. Ahm. Jamie.

Anyway, don't take the above as just some weird inside joke; we'd be happy
to fill you in on the details when you come out on friday ;-). Again, all
are welcome.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if many of you know, but its looking
like Dr. Brian Kooyman will be our department head for the next year,
pending Faculty approval. This isn't exactly my area of expertise, but I
would urge anyone out there who  has questions/concerns about this ie. what
role does the deptarment head play, what does the change mean to undergrads,
etc. to get in touch with the Chacmool exec, who are far more informed than
I. Or even to to hassle the head office, or Brian himself (just don't tell
him I said so).  This will have an impact on your education, and you have a
right to know, so don't pass the oppurtunity up. Some change is a brewin',
and here's a chance to make your opinion on where archaeology at the UofC
should go known.

Hope all is well,

Evan