[Alta-Logic] World Logic Day in AB and BC (and beyond)

Gillman Payette ggpayett at ucalgary.ca
Sat Dec 16 10:08:37 MST 2023

Hi everyone, (apologies for cross posting)

World logic day is now less than a month away, and I am planning another session for January 14th, 2022. It will run the same as the last two (and most previous) years on zoom since it was nice to include many of those interested in logic from all over. The 14th falls on a Sunday, and unless there is substantial displeasure with that, I will stick to that day.

The plan will be similar to previous years; short-ish talks running from 10am - 5pm Mountain Time. Not all of those time slots may be used, but it provides a wider set of options, and people can drop in on whichever talks interest them.

If you are interested in giving a short talk (~25 min. + 5min. for questions) please send me an email with a topic/title and a few preferred times (ggpayett at ucalgary.ca). As I said last year, I want to cast a wide net topic-wise, so everything from argumentation theory to recursion theory or history of logic. If I must make choices about which talks to include, I will opt for more widely accessible topics. Of course, I have always treated this in a relaxed way, so works in progress are welcome.

If you are interested in attending, please visit the website and register: https://sites.google.com/view/world-logic-day-alberta/home

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/MniERHGQbt0JmwFR6rAgTRiEvGOPUU1YxPwlt4vQuHWeWMPn493onwNjj7Su3hx5j5j95P3PCf0P_cgUAiVI4uWJD2NmAQ-ozZ1-xV4kakLakpPP9kiZ-Z97cZizHn8fwg=w1280]<https://sites.google.com/view/world-logic-day-alberta/home>
World Logic Day AB and BC<https://sites.google.com/view/world-logic-day-alberta/home>
A day of logic talks in Alberta and British Columbia
sites.google.com

Please forward this invitation to whomever you think might be interested.

Hope to see you in January,

Gillman Payette
Assistant Teaching Professor
Department of Philosophy