[Alta-Logic] World Logic Day in Alberta: Jan 14th 2022

Gillman Payette ggpayett at ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 17 15:38:19 MST 2021

Please forward this email to your departments/anyone that you think might be interested in attending or giving a short talk about logic.

Hi everyone, (apologies for cross posting)

World logic day is now less than a month away, and I am planning another session for January 14th, 2022. It will run the same as last year on zoom since it was nice to include many of those interested in logic from all over Alberta.

The plan will be similar to last year; short talks running from 10am - 5pm (perhaps with zoom drinks afterward). All of those time slots may not be used, but it provides a wider set of options, and people can drop in on whichever talks interest them.

If you are interested in giving a short talk (~25 min. + 5min. for questions) please send me an email with a topic/title and a few preferred times (ggpayett at ucalgary.ca). As I said last year, I want to cast a wide net topic-wise, so everything from argumentation theory to recursion theory or history of logic. If I must make choices about which talks to include, I will opt for more widely accessible topics.

Regards,

Gillman Payette

Sessional Instructor

University of Calgary