[Alta-Logic] Additive bundle notes

Ben MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Thu Mar 25 16:51:46 MDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I managed to dig up my notes on Beck modules/additive bundles and gave them a quick re-write (though I’d probably take everything in them with a grain of salt). Following Kristine’s suggestion I’ll send them out on the mailing list here in case anyone is interested.

There does seem to be a connection with algebra, as there seems to be a natural flat, torsion-free vertical connection on Lex. Following the abelian category/differential object metaphor, it looks like the affine objects (those where the vertical connection induces a full connection) seem to be related to (something like) semi-abelian categories (so far I’ve only managed to check that the category of commutative rings are affine).

Best,
Ben