[Alta-Logic] Fwd: Leicester Pure Maths crisis

Kristine Bauer bauerk at ucalgary.ca
Tue Feb 2 15:10:13 MST 2021

Hi everyone,

I thought this letter from Simona Paoli about the (re)current situation at Leicester would be of interest to folks on this mailing list.  In short: Leicester is once again threatening to close down the pure mathematics research group, eliminating a number of positions and converting the remaining ones to teaching-only positions.  See details in the attached email.

Dr. Kristine Bauer
Calgary Site Director, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences
Associate Professor, Mathematics and Statistics
University of Calgary

Begin forwarded message: