[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar

Benjamin MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 2 16:24:24 MST 2020

Hi Everyone,

There will be a peripatetic seminar on Friday!

Speaker: Jonathan Gallagher
Title: The fast Weil to go Faa (with Ben MacAdam)
Time and Place: 1:00PM at MS427, Friday, March 6
Abstract:
This talk will introduce the notion of a tangent complex in an arbitrary category.  We will then use tangent complexes to show that tangent categories are precisely coalgebras of a comonad. We will then show how to reconstruct the Faa di Bruno construction as a subconstruction of the cofree tangent category, and we will not require any combinatorics to do this.

-Ben