[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar

Benjamin MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Tue Sep 17 18:09:03 MDT 2019

Speaker: Ben MacAdam

Date and time: Friday, September 20th, 2019 at 15:00

Location: ICT 616

Title: Generalized Algebraic Theories and Differential Objects

Abstract: We introduce enriched algebraic theories with generalized arities, and see how this can be applied to tangent categories. In particular, we will show that every tangent category embeds into a so-called linear/nonlinear system between a monoidal differential category and cartesian tangent category.

This is part of an ongoing collaboration with Jonathan Gallagher and others.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/