[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic seminar

Matthew Burke matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca
Mon Feb 11 12:59:38 MST 2019

Speaker: Geoff Vooys

Date and time: Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 at 12:15

Location: MS 337

Title: A Topology on Categories of Locally Ringed Space and Applications to Arithmetic Geometry

Abstract: In this talk we present some relevant background on locally ringed spaces and consider a problem that appears in arithmetic geometry. We then use this problem to motivate a class of functors that arise in arithmetic geometry, provide examples of these functors, and show how these functors can induce a Grothendieck topology on their codomains. We then use this topology and its topos of sheaves to make progress towards our motivating problem.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/