[Alta-Logic] REARRANGEMENT Peripatetic Seminar

Matthew Burke matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca
Tue Aug 28 15:22:40 MDT 2018

The seminar below will begin half an hour earlier in the same location. Therefore it will begin at 14:30 instead of 15:00.

Thanks,

Matthew

On Aug 28, 2018, at 09:03, Matthew Burke <matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca<mailto:matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca>> wrote:

Speaker: Matthew Burke

Time and Location: 15:00 Wed Aug 29 in ICT 616

Title: Linearisation of infinity categories

Abstract: In a paper on the Goodwillie calculus Lurie defines a linearisation procedure that forms a map of infinity bi-categories. In this talk we show how this result transfers into the 2-categorical setting for quasi-categories developed by Riehl and Verity. If we have time we sketch how to express a tangent bundle pseudo-functor in terms of the linearisation pseudo-functor.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/