[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar

Matthew Burke matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jun 25 14:58:20 MDT 2018

Speaker: Matthew Burke

Time and Location: 11:00 Wed 27 Jun in ICT 616

Title: Elements of the Theory of Quasi-categories

Abstract: We outline some of the theory of quasi-categories that is
required to set up the functor calculus. First we review the definition
of left, right and inner factorisation systems and describe an
alternative characterisation of these factorisation systems that makes
certain computations more straightforward. Then we define
quasi-categories and prove that the internal hom of quasi-categories is
a quasi-category. In order to define a tangent bundle functor we first
need to define the (large) quasi-category of quasi-categories and recall
how the representable (infinity) functors are defined in this setting.
If we have time we describe how to use this work to define the functor
of excisive functors that conjecturally constitutes the tangent bundle
functor.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/