[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar Monday 13:30 in MS427

Matthew Burke matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca
Sat Apr 28 14:11:20 MDT 2018

Speaker: Matthew Burke

Time and Location: 13:30-15:00 Monday Apr 30 in MS 427

Title: A Two Dimensional Setting for the Calculus of Infinity Functors

Abstract: In this talk we combine two related approaches to the theory
of infinity categories. On the one hand we use derivators to work with
(homotopy) (co)limits within small infinity categories. Using this
theory we define the excisive functors, suspension functors etc.. that
are commonly used in the Goodwillie calculus. On the other hand we use
the homotopy 2-category of quasi-categories developed by Riehl and
Verity to describe relationships between the small infinity categories
themselves. Using this theory we work out how to form colimits in an
infinity category of excisive functors.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/