[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar Mon 26th 13:30 in MS 427

Matthew Burke matthew.burke1 at ucalgary.ca
Sat Mar 24 14:03:55 MDT 2018

Speaker: Matthew Burke

Time and Location: 13:30 Mon 26th Mar in MS 427

Title: Free co-completion, presheaves and sheaves

Abstract: In response to a special request this talk describes some
fundamental aspects of sheaf theory. First we introduce the algebra of
ends and co-ends for the purpose of making our subsequent calculations
more concrete. Then we describe how the construction of a presheaf
category of a small category corresponds to the free co-completion of
that category. Finally we describe how the sheaf construction allows us
to construct a non-free co-completion and choose which co-cones in the
original category become colimit co-cones in the co-completion
category. If we have time we sketch how to interpret various logical
formulae in the internal logic of a sheaf category.

http://peripatetic-seminar.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/wp/