[Alta-Logic] peripatetic seminar tomorrow

Jonathan Gallagher jdgall84 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 18:37:18 MDT 2017

We are kicking the peripatetic seminar off, tomorrow, at 2pm
with a talk by a new postdoc in our group -- Matthew Burke.
Details below.

Location: ICT 616 at 2pm on Wednesday Sept. 6
Speaker: Matthew Burke

Title:
Lie’s Third Theorem using an Intuitionistic Double Negation
Abstract:
In this talk we will describe the construction of a local approximation of
a category in a certain well adapted model of synthetic differential
geometry. This approximation is analogous to the germ of a local Lie group
and is constructed using an intuitionistic double negation. After giving
the basic definitions we will sketch a proof of Lie’s third theorem in this
context.