[Alta-Logic] peripatetic (tutorial) seminar tomorrow

Jonathan Gallagher jdgall84 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:02:01 MDT 2017

Location: Tuesday, August 15th, at 12:15 pm, in ICT 616
Location note: Feel free to bring your lunch and your notebook!

Speaker: Jonathan Gallagher

Title: A tutorial on the Scott--Koymans [*] theorem part 2

Abstract: We will continue our investigation into the
modernization of the Scott-Koymans theorem.
This theorem says, roughly, that the semantics
of the untyped lambda calculus into CCCs with a
reflexive object, is sound and complete -- in fact it
says:

Theorem: Every lambda theory T, has a model M, whose
theory is equivalent to T.  Moroever, these models are always
are given by a reflexive object in a CCC.

Last time we stopped at the definition of the category
of lambda theories.  This time we will continue the investigation
by considering the "semantic part", and move towards
constructing the adjunction between syntax and semantics.

Footnote:
Really,
  1) Scott (`80) "Relating theories of the lambda calculus"
  2) Hindey and Longo (`80) "Lambda-calculus models and extensionality"
  3) Meyer (`82) "What is a model of the lambda calculus?"
  4) Barendregt and Koymans (`80) "Comparing some classes of lambda
calculus
     models"
  5) Koymans (`82) "Models of the lambda calculus"