[Alta-Logic] peripatetic seminar Friday

Jonathan Gallagher jdgall84 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 19:08:46 MST 2016

Location: Theory reading library, 6th floor ICT
Time: Friday December 9, at 11 am
Speaker: Jonathan Gallagher
Title: The differential objects of a representable tangent category
Abstract: It is known that the differential objects of any tangent
category are always a Cartesian differential category
(Cockett and Cruttwell 2014).  In this talk, we will explore
the additional properties that the differential objects of a representable
tangent category have.  We will see that they are always Cartesian
closed, and in fact, they are Cartesian closed left additive.
With one extra coherence, we can obtain a model of the differential
lambda calculus.