[Alta-Logic] homotopy theoretic models of type theory

Jonathan Gallagher jdgall84 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:59:38 MDT 2016

There will be a talk tomorrow on homotopy theoretic models of identity
types.

Title: Path object categories are homotopy theoretic models of identity
types
Location: ICT 616 @ 1:30 pm
Speaker: Jonathan Gallagher
Abstract:
In this talk, we will review the notion of type category with identity
types as well
as homotopy theoretic model of identity types, and then sketch out the
result that
homotopy theoretic models of identity types are type categories with
identity types.
Then we will prove that a path object category is a homotopy theoretic
model
of identity types.  This talk is based on the paper "Topological and
simplicial
models of identity types" by van den Berg and Garner.