[Alta-Logic] Seminar this Wednesday, January 27th

gscruttw at ucalgary.ca gscruttw at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 25 11:30:59 MST 2010

Our first seminar of the winter term will be this Wednesday, January 27th,
2:30-3:30.  The room is to be determined - a further email will be sent
once this is sorted out.

Double Categories and the Monoids and Modules Construction

Double categories are a useful tool to organize structures which have two
different types of maps between the same objects, but which are related in
that the "maps-between-maps" are similar.  We will discuss a certain kind
of double category, and look at a number of examples.  We will then
describe the remarkable "monoids and modules" construction, which builds
complicated double categories out of simpler ones.