[Alta-Logic] Two Talks on P-Time Computation

gscruttw at ucalgary.ca gscruttw at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 5 15:30:12 MDT 2009

This Wednesday, October 7th, we will have two talks on a language for
polynomial-time computations.  The talks will be from 10am-12 in ICT 616.
Abstracts:

Mike Burrell: Bounds inference in Pola

Pola is a programming language in which every well-typed program runs
in polynomial time. This opens up the possibility to automated
inference of running time of a particular function. I'll talk about
the most recent attempt to infer tight bounds for both inductive and
coinductive data types.

Brian Redmond: Pola's Type System

Pola is a language for PTIME computations, which means that programs are
both polynomial time and space bounded. In this talk, I will discuss
Pola's type system, and a simple extension which maintains the polynomial
space bound but allows for an encoding of a PSPACE complete problem.