[acc-cca-l] Follow up: Climate Communication Research Fellowship

Daniel Paré daniel.pare at uottawa.ca
Wed Feb 6 08:08:15 MST 2019

Please see the message below regarding the previous Climate Communication Research Fellowship post and the Nov 2019 National Communication Association (NCA) conference:

Hello Dr. Pare,

In response to your post about the Climate Communication Award, I wanted to let you know about an interdisciplinary panel I am putting together on the topic. I am interested in the intersection between climate/environmental communication and disability studies. I intend to select five papers for a panel at National Communication Association in November 2019. Papers can cover any aspect of how disability studies scholarship informs topics in environmental communication, such as global warming/climate change, government environmental policies, natural or human-made environmental disasters, pollution, recycling, etc.

Please inform your network of my CFP.  Interested scholars are invited to send a title and a 150-250 word abstract for consideration by March 1st. Full papers of accepted abstracts will be due in September. For more information or to send your abstract contact Dr. Michael Jeffress at michael.jeffress at sta.uwi.edu<mailto:michael.jeffress at sta.uwi.edu>.

Thanks!

Michael S. Jeffress, PhD
Lecturer, Dept. of Literary, Cultural and Communication Studies
Faculty of Humanities and Education
The University of the West Indies
Office Phone: (868) 662-2002, ext. 84232
Office Location: FHE 308
http://www.michaeljeffress.com<http://www.michaeljeffress.com/>
________________________________

Daniel J. Paré, Ph.D.,
Associate Professor / Professeur agrégé
Department of Communication<http://arts.uottawa.ca/communication/en>,
School of Information Studies (ÉSIS)<http://www.sis.uottawa.ca/>, and
Institute for Science, Society and Policy (ISSP)<https://issp.uottawa.ca/>

Graduate Program Co-ordinator, ISSP

University of Ottawa / Université d’Ottawa
55 Laurier Ave East, Rm 10154, Ottawa, ON, K1N 6N5, Canada
Tel: (613) 562-5800 ext/poste: 2052
Fax: (613) 562-5854
Twitter: @DJ_Pare