[acc-cca-l] article on Canadian Communication Studies

Gregory Taylor gregory.taylor2 at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jan 11 11:21:39 MST 2019

Hello everyone.
CCA members may be interested in this new article I’ve just published, written with University of Calgary PhD Candidate Ray Op’tLand.  It is entitled "Communication Research and Teaching in Canada” and published in the German journal Publizistik as part of a series they are doing on communication studies programs in different countries.

It is open access and available here
https://rdcu.be/bfRFD
or here
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11616-018-00481-z<http://links.springernature.com/f/a/DF6YuwrnijuKLaa1wcm2WQ~~/AABE5gA~/RgReGQekP0QwaHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcHJpbmdlci5jb20vLS8xL0FXZzZGS3JQMDBhN21nTVg1MWoyVwNzcGNCCgAAJNQ3XE7W3klSG2dyZWdvcnkudGF5bG9yMkB1Y2FsZ2FyeS5jYVgEAAAG5w~~>

The paper attempts to explore the trajectory of Canadian communication studies over the last two decades and offers a snapshot of our field in 2018.  Ray and I would like to thank the past CCA chairs (since 2000) and current department heads who took time to respond to our questions and surveys.

Feel free to write with questions or concerns.  All the best for 2019.

Greg

Gregory Taylor, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication, Media and Film
University of Calgary
gregory.taylor2 at ucalgary.ca<mailto:gregory.taylor2 at ucalgary.ca>
(403) 220-6206