[acc-cca-l] Rundle Summit 2019 CFPs

Joël Rivero rivero at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 5 11:21:58 MST 2018

Hello!

My name is Joel Rivero. I am on the steering committee for the Rundle
Summit: a graduate-student led conference that focuses on bringing together
academic and professional perspectives on communication, media, and
technology. I am passing this information on to you to help garner interest
in our Call for Presentations, as well as to offer more information on a
fantastic participation opportunity for communicators across Canada. Please
visit our website or email me if you have any questions.

Thanks and warm regards,

Joël Rivero
University of Alberta MACT graduate student
Rundle Summit 2019 steering committee member
rundle at ualberta.ca

https://www.rundlesummit.ca/

RUNDLE SUMMIT 2019
*Proposal submission deadline: extended to December 14, 2018*
*Proposal decision notification: December 21, 2018*

The Rundle Summit 2019 <http://www.rundlesummit.ca/> call for presentations
is open! The conference, which will take place Feb. 22-24, 2019 at the
truly spectacular Banff Centre
<https://www.banffcentre.ca/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI__yfj-3W3gIVyR-tBh21HAQwEAAYASAAEgJPuvD_BwE>,
aims to be *the best* graduate student communications, media, and
technology summit in the country. Be part of it!

You'll find the complete CFP directly below and at www.rundlesummit.ca.
Submit your abstract by Dec. 5 using the online form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBs7K_fnBse_MSAFAOil7zkfY9e30MKIli5htfKbBdo6t8kQ/viewform>
.

The theme for this year’s Rundle Summit is “Tectonics: Landscapes in
Conversation,” evoking the constantly-shifting tectonic plates of the earth
that create new formations as they crash into each other. The metaphor
reflects the dynamic state of the communication landscape, one that is
constantly evolving as new technologies send aftershocks through the fields
of communication and media.

Rundle Summit welcomes proposals for a variety of formats:

   - Lightning talks (abstract: 300 words) are succinct five-minute
   presentations, well-suited for introducing an idea or a work-in-progress.
   Lightning-talk presenters will benefit from extended Q&A in which their
   ideas will be workshopped.
   - Long papers (abstract: 300 words) should be dynamic, 20-minute
   presentations. They can share a number of different things, such as
   research stories, reflections, challenges, or outcomes.
   - Multi-speaker panels (abstract: 300 words) address intersections or
   tensions within a particular topic or field. Every panelist should submit
   an individual abstract and note the title of the panel presentation so that
   reviewers can clearly see the panel’s composition.
   - Skills-sharing sessions (abstract: 300 words) are participant-led
   skills-development workshops and/or collaborative working groups focused on
   sharing knowledge about social-science tools and/or methodologies (e.g.
   teaching the basics of social-networking-analysis tool Gephi, or
   demystifying discourse analysis).

We also encourage proposals for alternative formats. When proposing a
session, please include a description of the format in addition to the
300-word abstract.

Held at the Banff Centre nestled in the Alberta Rockies, this
graduate-student-led conference showcases groundbreaking research and
welcomes earth-shaking conversation from academics, alumni, and
professionals across Canada.