[acc-cca-l] CFP: UnDisciplined Graduate Conference, 2019

Sydney Hart s.hart at queensu.ca
Mon Nov 19 21:16:38 MST 2018

Call For Proposals
UnDisciplined Graduate Conference, 2019
4–6 April, 2019
Proposal Deadline: January 21st, 2019
Agnes Etherington Art Centre,
Queen’s University at Kingston / Katarokwi

When you expose a problem you pose a problem.
It might then be assumed that the problem would go away if you would just stop talking about it or if you went away.
—Sara Ahmed, Living a Feminist Life

UnDisciplined is a graduate student conference for scholars whose modes of inquiry intersect the humanities, social sciences, sciences, technology, activism, and the arts. It is a space for sharing scholarly, artistic, and/or activist work that theorizes or reveals forces that shape human experiences. We invite scholars and artists whose work breaks down conventional divisions between disciplines, academia and activism, as well as theoretical critique and cultural production. As such, UnDisciplined brings together researchers focused on areas and fields, rather than disciplines and traditions, embracing research that poses problems and questions the disciplining of thought in academia.

We invite submissions that transcend or crack disciplinary boundaries in theory and method, abstraction and enactment, so as to challenge, transform and illuminate the world around us. Thematically, thus, there are no restrictions to the range of topics that could be presented by students. For our fifth annual conference, we are accepting graduate work in the form of: scholarly presentations and papers, performances, workshops, and creative research projects (i.e. research-creation, or practice-based research).

Applications are open until January 21st, 2019. Detailed instructions on how to apply can be found at undisciplined.ca<https://undisciplined.ca/>.

All questions should be directed to undisciplinedqueensu at gmail.com.

UnDisciplined 2019 will take place Thursday, April 4th to Saturday, April 6th at the Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Queen’s University. Queen’s is situated on traditional Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee Territory, in Kingston, Ontario / Katarokwi.