[acc-cca-l] Upcoming webinar: Using Website Metrics and User Behaviour to Narrativise Content Use

Gordon Gow ggow at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 3 11:17:03 MDT 2018

The MA in Communications and Technology (MACT) program at the University of Alberta runs a free and open webinar series with talks in fall and winter.  Details for the upcoming Oct. 17 webinar are available here.

Story Sells: Using Website Metrics and User Behaviour to Narrativise Content Use

Website users are the key to your online business. If you don’t know how your users are making their way through your information, you can’t be sure you’re providing valuable content. Some of the ways we can track the story of our users’ online journey is by analysing our website metrics. I will use examples from my own consulting with organisations like the Alberta Geological Survey/Alberta Energy Regulator, Medicentres Family Health Clinics, Salisbury Greenhouse, and several local businesses, to demonstrate how to understand the stories visitors are creating about your content and how maximise and optimise their perceived value.

The eClass Live session will be hosted by Dr. Jessica Laccetti. It will run from 7-8 pm MDT Wednesday, October 17. Participants will be sent the Adobe Connect Session link by October 15, 2018.

Jessica Laccetti, Ph.D, is a digital communications expert. Jessica can tell your business story to expand your reach and drive engagement. Since 2000 Jessica has been combining her love of words with technology. Jessica runs her own consulting firm, lectures at the University of Alberta, and volunteers in her community.

Click here to sign up and receive a link to the webinar <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScICRy9QtOLKsn2rny9A30KwP22pEL4BUWo0BLjkZNkwMWQsw/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

-g

Gordon A. Gow, PhD
Associate Professor, Academic Director
McCalla Professor (2016-2017)
Communications and Technology Graduate Program (MACT)
University of Alberta

tel: +1-780-492-6111
web: http://mact.ca <http://mact.ca/>

The Mobile Applications for Research Support (MARS) Lab <http://marslab.ca/> supports
community-engaged research using low cost, mobile communications technologies

People lead, technology serves

The University of Alberta is located in ᐊᒥᐢᑿᒌᐚᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Amiskwacîwâskahikan) on Treaty 6 territory
and the territory of the Papaschase and the Métis Nation