[SU CLUBS] CJSW student discount cards - does your membership have them and would they like them?

CJSW, Office Coordinator office at cjsw.com
Thu Mar 12 14:19:41 MDT 2015

Hello!

Greetings to you all from the University of Calgary Student Radio Society,
CJSW 90.9 FM. In case we haven't met yet, my name is Dave, and I'm the
volunteer coordinator at the station.

On the off-chance that you're not aware of our Student Discount Cards
("Friends of CJSW" discount cards), we here at the station compile a
discount card yearly with various businesses and community organizations
that support the idea of independent media and arts in our fair city. They
agree to provide a discount to folks who present a "Friends of CJSW" card
at the time of purchase, the discounts vary from business to business but
they generally offer significant savings on items, events or experiences
that may be of interest to your membership and students in general.

Now for the good stuff: these discount cards are available FREE to any
undergraduate student currently registered at the University of Calgary. I
spent some time at the fall and winter Club's Showcase passing out these
cards, and may well have already given one to everyone in your Club.
However, chances are good I missed at least a person or two, maybe even the
entire group. If you or your organization are not fully Friends Card
equipped, please reply to me and let me know how many cards you'd like /
need to make sure your entire membership has one.

Though the school year is coming to a close, these cards are good through
the end of the coming October, and I'd like to ensure that everyone who
wants one gets a chance to have one. If you'd like to get cards for
yourself or your club, please get in touch with me at office at cjsw.com and
I'll get you as many as you need. (The cards are good all year, for as many
purchases as you make. In short, 1 card per person is all you need.)

Thanks, folks, I look forward to hearing from you soon. This likely goes
without saying, but please do keep with the spirit of the Student Discount
Card and only request as many as you need to make sure each undergraduate
student in your organization has one. (I've learned of a few parents who've
tried to use their child's student discount card only to have a business
owner ask them for student ID. Must've been embarrassing for them to get
caught that way.)

I trust you're all enjoying the spring sunshine.

Cheers!

Dave Norris
Volunteer Coordinator
CJSW 90.9 FM